The Mission: to explore, create and inspire!

thePatientPotter is a blog that is designed to encourage and inspire fellow Potters and Entrepreneurs as it takes them through the challenges and triumphs of a 'potter on a mission'.



Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Channel 4 Came and Went



Last week was crazy! Tuesday Galen Culver from Channel 4's 'Is this a great state or what!' news segment called to do a story on my pottery. We set a date of Thursday for the interview. I had 1 day to get ready. I spent that day cleaning my studio and throwing some vases to have inventory on my shelf.

He came on Thursday and filmed and talked for about 2 hours. On Friday the segment aired and those 2 hours were condensed into 2 minutes! Galen did a great job! You can see a video of the segment at kfor.com. Go down to the middle of the page to the 4th video and I'll be in that group. I have had a lot of activity on my website and emails because of this show. Thank you Channel 4 and Galen Culver!

This week I've been mainly focused on designing the vases I threw for the show. Vases are my favorite things to make in the studio. I love the shapes and how they fit in my hands when working on them.
This vase I carved in my 'Trapped Vines' design. It is now sitting on a shelf waiting to dry enough for me to brush off all those little clay blobs. Then I can clean it up.



















This is a design I call 'Whispering Wheat'. It will be a serving dish that I hope a current customer can add to her growing dinnerware set.











These two vases are designs I just made up. I think the one with the leaves is my favorite at the moment.



















This one I decided to test a porcelain slip on. I plan on carving a design in the white slip area that will allow the red clay to peek through.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am in your group for the SITS31DBBB challenge and I wanted to stop by and check out your corner of the web! You are so talented - I can't wait to see more and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison. I'm excited about the challenge myself. I'm sure we'll be talking:)

    ReplyDelete