The Mission: to explore, create and inspire!

thePatientPotter is a blog that is designed to encourage and inspire fellow Potters and Entrepreneurs as it takes them through the challenges and triumphs of a 'potter on a mission'.



Wednesday, December 5, 2007

2 Days Before Trade Days!

I finally figured out what to do with these ornaments that will not require a lot of hi-temp wire (it's amazing what you can come up with once the stress is removed), I fired these to maturity yesterday so that they would be white. I will now do an acrylic wash on them of a very light color and then seal them with a hi-gloss sealant. They feel a little rough so I will sand each one with my Sand-O-Flex. This is what I am going to spend today doing, sanding, painting, sealing. I think they will be pretty.

Yesterday I also glazed all of my bread bakers so they can go into the kiln today. At least one will be mine and tomorrow after it fires I will test it out in my own kitchen with some bread. This will be the display in our booth. But... look at what happened to 3 of the pots I glazed yesterday!

What the heck happened here!?! I did this same glazing technique on two pieces that I have on Etsy right now. Same clay, same glazes. Same method of application. I will ask the potterybasics group on yahoo that I belong to and see what they come up with. Anyone else with suggestions please comment below. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment