The Mission: to explore, create and inspire!

thePatientPotter is a blog that is designed to encourage and inspire fellow Potters and Entrepreneurs as it takes them through the challenges and triumphs of a 'potter on a mission'.



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trade Days and Special Orders

Well, I did it. I signed up to do Trade Days next month. I have 3 1/2 weeks to get enough inventory to set up a booth, luckily I am sharing the booth with my daughter, who makes jewelry, so really I only have to supply half the booth with inventory.

I don't have enough time to make a lot of my red clay - it takes about 10 days to get 40 lbs worth, so I am going to concentrate on my porcelain and stoneware items which means I'll be doing a lot of throwing this week. I think mugs and bowls mostly.

I also have to complete the two special orders I have going through my studio. 3 wheat serving bowls and 6 handled jugs. The serving bowls need to be sanded, stained, glazed and hi-fired, and the jugs are dry and ready to bisque fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment